Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Speed-reading Illustrator Needs a Challenge for 2012

I’ve always been a voracious reader.  By 12, I’d read my way through our entire town library. Thanks to supportive parents and an understanding group of librarians, I got special permission to take out adult novels from the main library instead of being restricted to the children’s section.  I think Robert Heinlein’s Citizen of the Galaxy that I read that year extended the foray into Science Fiction and Fantasy that André Norton’s YA novels had begun.

There have been several years where I kept a personal log of the books that I’d read, awarding them little ratings such as 1 to 5 stars or grouping them into categories such (must own, liked and never to touch again) but when I read about the CannonballRead4 on Facebook tonight, I knew that this was exactly the type of challenge I was looking for.  After all, 2012 will mark the year that I can not only claim to be a published illustrator, but a published author as well.

When I think of all the amazing books out there, just waiting to be devoured, it makes me go a little weak in the knees... Thank goodness I just bought a new bookshelf for the basement and rearranged my entire collection to make room for some new Christmas presents!

Bring on the books!

3 comments:

  1. Save a tree - buy an e-reader! :-) My kindle has seriously cut down on the dead-tree books that I buy and they all fit on one tiny device. Worth every penny - and I never thought I'd prefer an e-reader to a real book.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Kobo, and agree with Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll add my voice that of Erica and Christine. I love my Kobo. I honestly thought I wouldn't like it, but it quickly became indispensable. (Although, I always have at least one dead tree book on the go too...)

    ReplyDelete